Adventures in Chibland

I am browsing through the threads you linked me.  Gonna comment on some of them as I go.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=30033
This one is about your vacation to the USA.  It looks genuinely cool.  I would be interested in parts of such a vacation.  Even though I'm from the USA I have never been to any of those places--they seem cool.

http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=42276
Interesting topic (some good responses) about sexuality and also government (freedom vs. security).  Old but not bad ideas to start on.

Re: Adventures in Chibland

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=45808
Classic storytelling by Chibi about various drunken/sexual adventures.  Quality stuff no forum can be without.

http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=44870
Cool looking pics.  While you didn't provide much commentary, I think I like the way you think/write about it more than most people in threads like this.  Made it into something readable for me when these kinds of threads normally aren't.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43990
Who drew these comics?  They are fucking gold.  Get a scanner and put up a blog.

http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=42660
An awesome thread, many many classic people describing their personalities--opening up and showing their uniqueness at the same time.  Inspirational for anyone to look into.  This isn't the kind of thread I look for on TL, but I'm sorry I missed out on the conversation, even though at the time I would have skipped over it.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=37005
I like threads like this where you take something out of its original context and by your decision to post it you have given it an additional meaning.  A lot of people don't seem to get this and they respond to it literally, but then you get to fight with them, which also is golden.  Why anybody would want to prevent this from beingn possible in their forums, I'll never know.  It was a good thread for all.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=35752
The "Mexicans Suck" thread.  Notice how one post by mitsy baits a dozen people into revealing they're retarded.  Almost as effective as the golden OP.  Bonus points for how one mod closed it (sad face) and then Rek Rekserrekted it.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=33648
Harry Potter.  I thought my posts here were decent considering how I never read a single word of the books nor saw a single frame of any of the fucking movies.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=33882
A very nicely made thread to prep/hype an audio interview w/ me that never happened.  Warms my little heart what you did there, and the responses.

Re: Adventures in Chibland

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=33439
Smell:  The suppressed sense.  By Chibi.  Happy 7000th.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=27525
Quote Of the Day Thread--Surprisingly, many people managed to make cool contributions.  I couldn't see this happening in 2009.  Around page 5 they start talking about the fact that you just got banned.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=26629
Smoking discussion initiated.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=26361
He's bleeding.  Classic Chibi post.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=26433
What would you do if a guy threw a mug at you?  I think this is a question everyone should examine a bit.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24466
Capn Fuckton--Protection In Yo Aye!  Ah this homework thread would be awesome if it was fake.  Fake homework threads, now there's some untapped ass.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24504
Chibi here's a psychology rambling from 2005 by yourself.  Might be interesting to compare.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=18764
Why does this make me laugh?  BEYOND DA GAEM.

beyond da gaem.

Re: Adventures in Chibland

percy
[quote]http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24504
Chibi here's a psychology rambling from 2005 by yourself.  Might be interesting to compare. [/quote]

all the responses there were pathetic, i guess it was a topic where people who agreed with me didn't really feel a need to say anything (something i myself suffer from greatly)

Re: Adventures in Chibland

I think sometimes you post too much at once.  Too many ideas to process and respond to, means people shut down.  Then again, if you only posted one step at a time, they would be like "what's the point of this?"  So I don't know.

How do you balance the intention to "get responses" with honesty, integrity, etc.?  I think we just try to get lucky and hope that what we really wanted to write gets responses.  In reality few things do.  Most of the good stuff I did on TL got little or no response, while when I got into a flamewar or otherwise irritated the lower half of TL, that's when I got to participate the most and have the most to write about.

I think it is that, more than anything, that shaped me at TL.  They try to shut down that kind of stuff, but really that's what the user base is into.  That's why I see all the closings and bans are counter-productive.  It's like they want you to only post shit no one cares about.  You have to walk such a fine line.