BEYONDER THE CHARITABLE FO

perisie xx
This post was updated on .
 Beyonder   Netherlands. October 22 2007 17:57. Posts 7770 PM Profile Blog Quote
I'd gladly do this. Imagine all the good one could do with this money.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=61267¤tpage=All

Re: BEYONDER THE CHARITABLE FOE

perisie xx
imagine all the good one cud do

yes one one goody one good one yes good one fuck

Re: BEYONDER THE CHARITABLE FOE

My response would be, "I think it's too much money and too much pain."  I would consider less money and less kicks.  Honestly those three kicks would take more out of my day than any decent job that would provide for my needs.  The money that provides "beyond my needs" doesn't make up for this IMO.  It would, if there were less kicks.  And the amount of extra money is so high it could be reduced and still have the same practical effect for me.

So in a way, Beyonder has a point.  The money doesn't just give you a great life:  it's enough to give tons of people decent lives.  So in a way, "think of all the good."  But honestly, it's almost like martyring yourself (i.e. suicide but you save some people)--maybe worse in some ways!  In fact if I wanted to "do a bunch of good" at total expense to myself, I'd take the deal and then suicide once the good is set up.  But I wouldn't do it.

Could you elaborate more on your disagreements w/ Beyonder or others?

Re: BEYONDER THE CHARITABLE FOE

perisie xx
well his post was unsatisfactory in several ways, taking a very strong stance but failing to provide any explanation; a disregard or contempt for the readers, which could easily be interpreted as elitism (arrogance, attention seeking, among other things) - hey i'd do this crazy thing, you don't need to know why: just remember my name - thats all for this week, Beyonder.