Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

Black Friday is a ridiculous tradition.  I find this event, where Americans crushed each other and broke into a store they were lined up to get into, killing an employee, to be utterly ridiculous and horrible.  You'll just have to read it yourself.

Re: Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

Arbitur
Pretty sickening, how could they possibly be this stupid?

They should identify everyone trying to break down the door and sentence them to jail, they were all a part of killing that employee and acted like savages just to get into a fucking store. Im also not surprised that this happened in America and not another country, seems like only there do these stupid things happen.

Re: Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

I agree, but I think it would be almost impossible to figure out who was doing the pushing and who was being pushed.  Fact is, though, once the door broke, they all ran inside.  But at that point it was trample or be trampled.  Who was forced to kill to not be killed, and who simply killed?  Who pushed and who simply was pushed?  Hard to tell.  Trying to figure out who was responsible will not solve this problem, I think.  But it is sad and stupid.  Fuck Black Friday.  Fuck stores.  Fuck commercials.

Re: Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

Arbitur
I guess you are right, but it sickens me that they knew that someone was under that door yet they ran inside and continued shopping.

Re: Black Friday--Americans Kill Each Other Trying To Get Good Deals

Me too.  It's a fundamental point of refutation for the whole enterprise.