Facebook wins US$873 Million

perisie xx
Source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=82901

wow this is incredible... i dont think many people probably make that much money in their lifetime let alone have to pay it all back agaiMBOT KLAOL>

Re: Facebook wins US$873 Million

Did he ever have the money to begin with?  It sounds to me like it's just a stupid, stupid verdict somehow.  Bad laws and/or a bad jury.  Not that spammers shouldn't have their nuts stapled to a stack of papers.  Just, setting a number that high (unless he really did make that much money off of somehow abusing FaceBook), hurts the credibility (or potential to have any) of the whole process.

It's more money than FaceBook can even make, so I think it's just a moronic number.  Probably convinced on 900 counts of something stupid times whatever.  IMO penalties have to be measured for their effect on the person, and on the public.  The public should see that it's the effect on the person that was intended and counts, ideally.  That's the most service you can provide with penalties in these cases.  So I doubt the number is what needs to be done.  The point is to make it absolutely no fucking way worth it for people to try to do whatever the guy did.  And not one cent beyond what would accomplish that as much as is reasonably feasible.

We don't get criminal punishments right either, so our even less serious civil arena obviously is gonna be sad.