Golden Thread Beheaded

Re: Golden Thread Beheaded

percy
don't forget, according to a statement by (iirc) Chill it is now strictly forbidden to discuss anything to do with "religion" on TL.net (and has been for some months)

Re: Golden Thread Beheaded

Well that's fucking retarded.  Link?

Re: Golden Thread Beheaded

HeadBangaa
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=79780

Page 2, Daigomi announces The Ban:

"No I agree, after speaking with HotBid today in regards to the newest religion thread (Deutronomy 13), we decided that religious threads will be banned until further notice, and this includes anti-religious threads as well.

It's not because we are specifically religious or anti-religious, it's because people cannot refrain from being retards in those threads, and it's unfair on the mods to have them go through those threads day after day banning people. It's shocking, even generally good posters seem to be unable to keep it decent in religious threads, so yeah, they're outlawed from now until further notice."

I've bolded the especially-bullshitty parts.
Stand by for Exciter...

Re: Golden Thread Beheaded

HeadBangaa
And regarding the "muslim beheading" thread, it's really stupid they closed it.  Nothing to do with it?

Listen you politically-correct hyper-individualistic imbeciles.  Culture is tangible and pervasive and encompasses the individual; consciousness is a function of environment.  These folks hail from a culture so insane to us.  A culture where subjugation of women is not only tradition, but explicitly codified in the law.  A culture which has recently re-popularized the beheading.  This is not crazy as it seems, however.  Our ancestors (Europeans, that is) were unenlightened at one time.  This is a culture that just did not evolve like ours has; they aren't aliens.  But instead of ignoring their features, we should recognize them and medicalize them in context of their era of origin.  We are dealing with cavemen.

If a caveman's wife was found bludgeon to death with a bone club, an honest headline would say so.
Stand by for Exciter...

Re: Golden Thread Beheaded

The point is, they want to prevent controversial posts.  Obviously, some people in response to the Muslim-beheading thing are going to argue about whether it's because of his religion or not, etc.  Muslim haters will come out.

TL has decided that instead of banning people for their bad posts, they are going to close topics that bad posters might want to post in.  This is similar to their policy of banning people such as Chibi and Stimey because bad posters tend to respond to them, instead of the bad posters themselves.

I'm not sure this is how they consciously think of it, though.  To them, they are just "preventing shitty posts", which is their goal.  Also, less consciously, preventing difficult situations on the MiR forum where the mods have to debate something, which must be really annoying for a group of people who largely couldn't give a fuck about TL posts or any kind of debate for that matter.