Healthy Living

perisie xx
i joined and posted this on the bodybuilders.com forums:

i'll write the exercises i'm able to do with make-shift facilities....(a bed, a duvet and not much else).
feel free to comment or add some of your own (or link to other threads like this!!)

1) exercise bike (haven't decided how to properly utilise this yet.... it doesn't seem to be that good for cardio since my legs burn very easily (but not easily enough to work them out) and it takes a while to get breathless, but i haven't tried it with my heart monitor yet).

2) dumbell wide incline lifts (triceps + chest)

3) dumbell curls (biceps)

4) dumbell sort of swing them (one by one) backwards behind me, hold as long as possible then release (not sure what this works but it sure does something)

5) jogggggggging!! (ugh)

6) dumbell "around the world" where u lie on ur back and do an "angel in the sand" movement with ur arms. supposed to be good for chest... (haven't decided if i want to do this yet...it seems a bit dangerous and unecessarily taxing)

7) low-rep crunches with my legs raised and focusing on technique (abs)

8) squats while holding weights (dont like this...but its quiet so doesn't disturb the people downstairs....). should try to do pushup-squat-thrust-jumps (altho they wud b noisy) - only just thought of that!! skipping would also come here as noisy exercise.

9) i have a rubber flexor thing, apparently its used for back and shoulders but i've avoided using it because i'm fearful of injury (since im SO incredibly weak ...ill try it when i get a bit stronger

10) compliment these with protein shake (....when i can afford it....) and carton of milk everytime i go out and have some spare change

11) my last food-shop consisted of ONLY:

2x bags mince beef
8x bags stir fry/frozen veg
1x rape seed cooking oil (or whatever its called)
1x soy sauce (seems to work quite well...i should google to see if its healthy tho)
1x box of branflakes to snack on
1x bag of carrots to snack on

Re: Healthy Living

perisie xx
(mapping out a routine)

Day 1 : TRICEPS, BICEPS, CHEST, ABS, CARDIO

1) wide/flies incline press (CHEST, TRICEPS)

2) lying dumbbell pullover (CHEST, BICEPS)

3) arnold press (ARMS, SHOULDERS)

4) controlled crunches with raised legs (ABS)

5) dumbbell curls (BICEPS)

6) dumbbell back-swing-and-holds (ARMS)

7) cardio

Day 2: LEGS, CARDIO

1) butt-lifts

2) kickbacks

3) weighted squats

4) dumbbell step-forward-into-lunge

5) "flutter kicks" (raising prone/extended legs whilst lying)

6) steated calf raises (potentially...using dumbbells as padded weight)

7) one-legged calf raises whilst balancing on a dumbbell

8) cardio

Day 3: BACK, SHOULDERS, CARDIO

1) "row" pull hanging dumbell upwards towards chin (BACK)

2) "back extension" lie on bed face down dangling with torso over air; maintain/flex (BACK)

3) "deadlift" bend and lift weight using the back (BACK)

4) front and side dumbell lifts with palms facing downwards. use light weights (BACK, SHOULDERS)

5) dumbbell shrug. can be done with the weights infront or behind you (SHOULDERS)

6) cardio

Re: Healthy Living

perisie xx
This post was updated on .
notes:

3-5 minute rest between sets is ok/recommended

rippletoe easy access http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

i want to consume ~120g of protein/day

2 litres milk = 68
5 eggs = 30 (thats not much lal)
100g branflakes = 10
portion of mince = 25
portion of stir fry = 4
= 137g

note, not supposed to eat the yolks

Re: Healthy Living

How is this going?  Any difficulties sticking to your plan?

Re: Healthy Living

perisie xx
yes, i "lose sight" of what im doing and why im doing it very easily.
have a long day at work, decide to score some weed or get drunk =
a) a physical reminder of the pleasures these bring (addiction)
b) puts me out of service for a long time
etc etc

Re: Healthy Living

You want to be healthier for some reasons.  You found the solution to the problem (of needing to be healthy), it seems.

But you have a bigger problem, of being able to do what you intend, and not destroying or losing some of your life for some temporary gain.  You are unable to achieve the things you want, while still persisting on these.  You know the two conflict.  So, this problem is bigger, but you didn't try to find a solution to it, as aggressively as you found the solution to the "healthy" problem.  Maybe you assume no solution exists.  But it seems too convenient that on the one hand, you spend time and come to a solution (on many issues) but not the biggest one, the one that hits closest to home.  Why doesn't the problem, whose solution would free you and make you able to do all you want, interest you, as much as the distracting side ones?