Hey STIMEY

tdotkrayz
sup man, met me introduce myself.  I'm tdotkrayz.

I know what it's like to be hated by a community

I just wanna thank you for being such a huge inspiration for my own antics

Wanna team up some time and really wreak havoc?

PM me if interested.

Re: Hey STIMEY

I saw that you got banned a lot.  I'm curious why you think you became hated by the community.  I'm sure you've seen my explanations of myself around here.  So what are yours?

Re: Hey STIMEY

tdotkrayz

Re: Hey STIMEY

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88290
I found this to be a bit obvious and over the top, but a nice try.  Where you lose credibility for me are things like "aren't girls supposed to keep quiet about stuff like this?"  I think you had to word it more stupidly to pull it off.  Also you need to fight the responses harder.  I also see that you got banned with relatively few posts.  I think a good troll can go on doing what they're doing for thousands of posts and not get banned, although perhaps TL has tightened its sandy crevices as of late.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104633
Okay, Pascal's wager, some points for the use of the infinite symbol.  But why did you get banned in just 2 posts?  Don't they have proxies on the planet you're from?  Also did you really expect people to not realize it was pascal's wager?  Or was that the point?  If so, you should have made an irritating show of how you discovered this for yourself, making the occasional grammatical error.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=108491
Felt a bit long; the order of the ideas is a little bit less than ideal.  I'm not sure what the troll was--you were asking for revenge ideas, which is a good trolling idea.  Or was your trolling idea to use words like "faggotry" and "douche" etc. a little bit too much?  If so then that's a pretty low key troll for such a long, already controversial post.  I think your best move here would have been to try to sell the "give me revenge ideas" + "i don't really care but also tell me how to get the girl back too" combo in a way that is hard to close/ban etc.  Close to the edge but strong.  It feels a little flat to me right now because this doesn't seem to have been the focus.  Also you have to piss off anyone who gives girl advice, but again, really subtlety.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=107914
Lots of swear words early on, which is one way to troll people but you really shouldn't combine it with other ideas because otherwise sane posts have been turned into shitfests simply by swearing slightly more than normal-looking.  Second paragraph was good, but you're building a very long blogish post, almost too long to be taken seriously unless you're very established in the community.   I think the order in which you present the ideas in this thread is very mature though.  Prime trolling material but maybe too many contentious points for one troll.  Stick to one overt one, plus other traps that let you accidentally piss off people for giving the wrong responses.  And trim it down a bit.  If you're going to sell something this long as serious you have to act a little bit disturbed but give rational excuses for it--but this doesn't sell on TL anyways.  They will just mock you and complain that you're shouting too loudly.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=107914
Seems like a pretty good troll, but it's a 1-shot.  I mean every response you get is like WTF.  That's more like trapping them (surprise ending) than trolling (inciting waste-of-time comment/response wars and much ado while having them come out the guilty parties more than you).  Nonetheless, I count this as win.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=108568
Not a bad idea but there was no shot of them accepting the terms.  Maybe you could try to smurf TL people and then annoy them in-game, reveal yourself after wasting as much time as possible and upload the vod to youtube.  Or you could put serious money down enough to get people to play you.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104200
Good troll, but again, on a 6 post account?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86754
Good troll but obviously bad strategy posts are just asking for bans/mod attention.  This would work on forums with easier moderation but it failed TL as one would expect.

I'll check these and your other posts on my forum out later:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=112813
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=111559
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696¤tpage=197
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696¤tpage=200

Re: Hey STIMEY

This post was updated on .
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=112813
This is sweet, stylish.  It's good to bring a smile to people's faces even as they recognize you.  However, since you are being banned so quickly, it seems like this kind of fun is all but shut off from you (similar to my situation).  They are basically painting you into a corner where you have to be really sucky or be banned.  And then if you be sucky for a while, but then get banned, they will use the suckiness as evidence that you ought to be banned anyways.  Unfair isn't it?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=111559
Very good post but again TL will suspect a good post like this from a low postcount.  They will treat it differently, so some effect is lost by this context, even though as a piece of work it's great.  If a regular posted this it would be classic.  You might even have to soften it a little, because I think the goal should be to make as many posts like this from a "regular" as possible (on the same account).  Why?  Because the value just builds on eachother.  You start having a cast of stock whiners to beat up on and stock defenders to create an avalanche of flamewars in your wake.  Make this your fantasy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696¤tpage=197
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696¤tpage=200
Pretty fun.  Do you have a script to do this or are you doing it by hand?  If you had a script so that you simply type a message and hit enter and it ends up there on a new account and ip, that would be brilliant.  Anyways, quite cute even though you are attacking TL.  Then again, they seemed happy about the whole thing.

FINISHED.

btw i'm moving this to the appropriate forum (the general one) and assigning this thread to you.

assignment works only between registered members (i.e. you and me and anyone else who wants).  if you set 1 or 2 an e-mail will be sent (higher priorities).  3 is the highest non-email, 5 lowest.

i'm setting this to a 3 for you meaning i want you to read this first, since it answers you and is helpful.  i'll set other stuff lower if i desire you to see it after the 3's.  you are free to (if it works well) assign threads to me as well :)  if this turns out to be useless i'll disable the feature.
 (emphasis added via edit)

Re: Hey STIMEY

tdotkrayz
I really feel guilty making a shitty one liner post like this after all the work you've done to help me with my dreams but I"ll say it anyways:  Thank you Stimey.  May the Forests part, the winds stop, the ice melt, the sun shiver, the earth crack, and the lightning explode around you with your every step.

I think this is the start of a beautiful apprenticeship.

Re: Hey STIMEY

I recognize that it does not really require a master/apprentice comparison (let alone relationship) for one person to be helpful to the other.  Insofar as I participate I will not treat you as an inferior.  I offer my own responses and feedback, and welcome yours as well.  Treat me how I am treating you; and feel free to talk about and complain if I treat you in a way you feel is unhelpful to you.  Free and open communication.

Best.

Re: Hey STIMEY

tdot--i got your message, but i have had to remove it for your safety.  TL members DO occasionally read this forum.  you shouldn't risk them finding out your name(s).  You can PM me links like that I believe, or maybe I can make a private forum IDK.

Sorry for deleting your message but there's no option to edit apparently.

My response is:
I think it's hard to really troll in blogs because it's so casual to begin with.  So in a way, the existence of blogs actually makes it harder to troll because many troll-worthy things will simply be required to be posted in/moved to blogs, where they are very ineffective.

Blog trolling is not something I'm very familiar with.  All I can advise is to look for other blog posts as models based on the responses they got.  Your post seems fine but I think anything may be very hit or miss when it's posted in blogs because you will instantly get a full page of 1 liner crap responses.

GJ using the assignment btw.  you can also set it to "unassigned" if you feel it is resolved and aren't necessarily looking for further responses.

Re: Hey STIMEY

tdotkrayz
Yeah, I think you're right.  The problem with nonblogs is that if I make a ridiculous topic in the General Discussion forum, the mods just move it to blogs, and that actually hurts my chances because the topic doesn't appear on the sidebar anymore.

Do you have any recommendations on how I can improve my topic's chances of not getting sent to blogs?

Re: Hey STIMEY

It's a completely new challenge to me so your best bet is empirical research, not my advice.

That being said, I would look for patterns in what is NOT blogged and try to base your approaches on the precedents they set.  Alternately you can look for blog threads that give you the kind of troll you're looking for, and model blog posts based on those.  You need to have a non-troll pattern as your skeleton, that way you know how it works when it's not trolling and then you can use the pattern as your canvas.

Re: Hey STIMEY

intrigue
hi guys!!! whats up every1