Met with hostility, ends in ban

percy
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88052
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88051

Plexa "decides" the guy trying to be helpful - rather than the "trolls" - are more at fault here. Yet another example how Plexa is totally unsuitable to be a mod:

a) rediculous, thoughtless opinions
b) letting others do his thinking for him
c) never being wrong or able to see or admit mistakes
d) consequently abusing his powers
e) insulting someone after banning them, kid

Re: Met with hostility, ends in ban

First thread was closed without any public explanation, apparently because it's a guy offering some new SC software.  This seems inconsistent as things like loaders, "windowed mode" things, other SC related software (bwchart) get allowed all the time.  In all outward appearances the topic closing was idiotic.  Unless the guy's IP is known to hack people or something you have to take it at the same face value as every other similar event that we let go.

Naturally the second topic "Who closed my topic?" is never respected.  No matter how stupid the initial closing is, you aren't allowed to ask, whether by PM or thread.  Doing so gets you banned.  When he comes back from his temp ban if he tries to find out the reasoning, he will be perm banned.

This is how TL works.  And they are proud of it.  They think somehow acting this way is what makes the forums good.  I think the only reason the forum had its good periods when it was smaller is because the amount of mods was smaller, so there were times when none of the shitty mods were active.  Currently, there are so many that even when some fade away from TL there are still enough to provide a constant stifling presence.