Rek Tears Into Idra

This post was updated on .
source:  http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88342

Apparently Idra is a fucking moron by Rekrul's standards.  Idra lost a 7 game series to some random Chinese player, despite all his training in Korea for pro-leagues.

I hope to comment more on this later when I have time to read Rekrul's epic post.

Re: Rek Tears Into Idra

percy
the senario rekrul describes in his OP - where idra places his opponent on a hand, whilst his opponent is thinking several levels above him - is very reminiscent of many of the senarios seen in "kaiji" and "one outs".

in these anime, people use their wits in order to gain an edge in a sport or challenge (baseball, rock paper  sissors, gambling, etc), in a variety of interesting and unexpected manners

i recommend "kaiji" and "one outs". they are interesting, fun and a little more engaging than the norm!

Re: Rek Tears Into Idra

I've read his post now.  If I am to take him at face value, he says he's being harsh because he likes Idra and it has the best chance of helping Idra.

Idra's problem, if we believe Rekrul (and common sense, seeing what Idra said before and after this match), is that he's arrogant.  He can't admit when he's been outplayed.  Maybe he is better than this and simply made some bad remarks before thinking.  If not, Rekrul is right and Idra needs to take more from his losses than the kind of BS he said about the games.  If you lost a fucking bo7 it was your fault.  No flukes survive a bo7.  Give me a break.

Testie responded later in the thread and said that Rek was being too harsh.  Maybe Idra did too but the thread is just so long.  Everyone on fucking TL had to post a 1 line response.  FFS.

Rek's writing style is pretty sweet in this post as well.  He should join TLGG's writing team.