TL MODS : UNIQUE PHENOMENOM?

<(o(\/\/\/\/\/)o)>
Oh wise stimey

Do you think that the arrogance, stupidity, and general power-drunk behaviour is a phenomenon unique to TL or simply the prototypical power-hungry mod abuse that is oh-so-common?

Re: TL MODS : UNIQUE PHENOMENOM?

Hm.  To take your post at phace valu, no, ofc it's not  unique, broadly speaking.  However, the layers of history and complexities of the power structure of course make it singular when you look at everything with a fine enough resolution--ultimately everything is singular and there is no way to have things such as adjectives or general nouns, only proper nouns, and all thought and communication thus becomes impossible.  So ultimately it's a matter of taste whether you want to say something is unique or not--whether you slide the resolution scale so that everything is unique and then thus everything is unintelligible, or rather, on the other extreme, everything is the same and intelligibility is also thusly lost and really both ends are the same place, so the scale is more like a circle where one half represents approaching an interpretation of reality as an unintellibile abyss, and the maximal medium representing the apex of the other half.

That being said, I don't think your question was serious.  U are probably being some kind of weird attitude thing, judging by your cool name, ur caps, ur pointless question.  Perhaps ur pointi s that "hey dude, power corrupts everywhere, why do u worry about one instance of it", something like that.  I think it's pretty dishonest to disguise your point like that.  You try to make it immune to criticism by doing so.  Because if I guess your point and then criticize it thusly, you can come back and say it wasn't exactly your point.  So you really discourage honest discussion and feedback by putting your point in this kind of "immune", "i don't really want to play", "i already know I'm right" form.

More honestly speaking, and taking you charitably though, I'd say that there is a lot of power abuse anywhere there's power, especially on the internet because it's so trivial to create structures in which u can give people a kind of power.  IRC and forums are huge places for this.  Basically most people are average, right, and that's general ability.  They are probably even more naive and misinformed when it comes to using power maturely.  The q. is whether it is those talented in these areas that tend to get power positions on the internet.  I think the answer would be "no."

:-q  Oh im so crazy and stupid huh.  etc. etc.