Warning from Staff

perisie xx
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88725

I think that since they've banned about 90% of people who like to get pumped up and have fun during live games, the IRC channel should be open as an alternative where this terribly destructive behaviour is permitted. I bet after a live game thread, some of the mods wake up, crawl out of bed and are like "oooh nooo what a mess!! quick let me get my broom before the inspectors come around!!!"

Re: Warning from Staff

Good posting habits, lol.  What do they want people to do, write a fucking essay?  Go all Motlke on the thread?

"Sirs, I have noticed that Boxerton opened with a double nitty brandy twist.  After a careful analysis I feel I must remark that this deviates from the seven expected openings for this situation, and I am indeed baffled as to the possible advantage this double nitty brandy twist opening has over options three and seven.  Below I will show how I came to this conclusion ..."

Sure, people get spammy.  Post counts are built on spam.  That's the way the system is.  There are literally hundreds of ways on TL to acceptably spam--live reports aren't the only one.  Shutting it down is not the answer.  It's something people want to do together.  It builds community.  You are absolutely right.

Plexa writes, "Calling progamers "fags", "homos", "pieces of shit", "fucking double cheesing fag" and the like are completely unacceptable. Maintain respectful towards progamers even if your favorite progamer just got cheesed into oblivion. Failure to do adhere will result in a ban."

This is hillarious.  "Maintain respectful [sic] towards progamers [...]"

What is this, the Stephen Hawkings consortium on global fucktastrophe?  Suit and tie required?  No shirt, no shoes, no service?

I can't believe they sat together one fine day in their little red cubicle and fired back plans to put together this giant official announcement on this massive issue.  They could have just fixed the way post count is handled, if that's the issue.  Or, if that's not their real goal, then it must be simply to make sure no one has fun in their community again, and if that's what they want they may as well close down the whole damn thing.

Re: Warning from Staff

Another interesting thing about that thread is the responses.  It shows you how many people will back the power in charge no matter what.  It's just people's tendency not to question authority.  A lot of people have the attitude "hey why are you questioning them, it's their site, they can do what they want."  Obviously that's true, no one is debating that.  When people question a rule it's because they're participating in a community and they want it to be as good as possible.  So all these asshats who by default spew "They can do whatever they want" need to be branded as the idiots they are, and... my point is, judging by this thread, there are a real lot of them.  And TL loves to hear from them.  Fooling themselves, TL.

And they think being an asshole now is funny.  They are doing a caricature of rekrul but it's obvious they aren't really funny or doing something good but with a sense of humor, they are simply being assholes and using humor as an excuse to be power mongering assholes to their members.  The moderation culture there is the most pathetic it's ever been, in this regard.

Re: Warning from Staff

And what they are basically doing with these new rules is starting to crack down on other people being funny and interesting and starting interesting fun, which is the same theme you see with their topic closings.

Of course they won't use these rules as heavily on themselves or their own friends, now will they?  So all they are doing is increasing their monopoly on "being cool" on their "own site."  It's pretty pathetic to use power in this way.  How do they possibly convince themselves the way they moderate is for the good of the site?