What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

From http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=8083584&page=1

In my own words, it looks like when these guys finish their prison terms or are let out because they are not considered a threat or whatever, they basically have to pay tons of money (for psychologists, monitoring, etc.) and can't live anywhere and can't really work anywhere either, so they're basically homeless.

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

tdotkrayz
What really bugs me is that they probably didn't really even do anything wrong in the first place.  I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but it legally counts as "rape" if you're 16 and getting it on with a 15 year old.

Also, rape isn't that bad - for the woman.  It's every woman's deepest fear, yet we all know fears are also sources of immense pleasure if channeled properly.  I can tell, looking at the women in this world, that their deepest desire is to be raped and then for the rapist to fall in love with them, the perfect blend of dominance followed by the heightened sense of power obtained from subduing and controlling such a dominant force.

Of course it never plays out that way but hey, that's what knives are for right? (guns usually don't work as well as knives from my experience)

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

This post was updated on .
Trolling and rape fantasies aside (that's a different topic IMO), I believe Florida has upgraded its dark age ideas to be more resilient in the face of common sense (not very much, but some), and now I believe if you are under 18 and within 3 years of your lover then it's legal.  It might be 2 years or something but you get the idea.

As with drawing the line at any age line though, it is easily reduced to absurdity.  There are 23 year olds you will think are 15, and vise versa.  Do you ID everyone before you have sex with them?  If not, you risk going to jail as a sex offender (note that sex offenders in jails/prisons are on the "bottom of the food chain", i.e. intentionally left as vulnerable as possible to beatings rapes and murder by inmates and guards).  If someone solicits you and you accept and it turns out they were 15 or an undercover cop you're going to jail.  i.e. a girl dances with you in a club, and she's drinking and looks over 18--doesn't matter.

Additionally, I largely agree with the ACLU on the subject.  http://www.aclu-nj.org/issues/criminaljustice/whysexoffenderlawsdomoreha.htm  Even in cases where the guilt is 100% genuine what we are doing now is just weird.  Making people homeless and destitute as a punishment is so 2700 years ago.

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

tdotkrayz
The best part of your post was "making people homeless is so 2700 years ago"

It's funny because of how accurate the number 2700 is.

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

I'm glad you liked my post.

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

tdotkrayz
Yay, it looks like we have a once a day communication basis now

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

Just don't be surprised if I disappear for a few weeks or w/e.  I will check often sometimes, and other times not be around.  I think I'll average more than one check a week, but keep in mind that's an average, i.e. amount of visits divided by time.

Re: What do you think of Florida's Sex Offender Laws?

tdotkrayz
use that line on your gf and she'll love you forever