archive

perisie xx
well, i wanted my "notes" thread still, but i guess i can just remake it

Day[9]   United States. Jan 17 2009 18:43. Posts 3080

dude ok i have this habit of talking to myself nonstop when i'm by myself. i mean like, full conversation volume, laughing to myself, excessive hand gesturing, varying facial expression etc etc etc.

i ALSO do this while i shit.

the problem is that i get SO into what i'm saying, i remain on the toilet long long after my pooping has concluded. over summer break, i was rambling on to myself about ramifications of complexity theory when applied to artificial intelligence and quantum computing. because, i mean, even though the invention of quantum processors will bring calculations to unprecedented speeds, so many tasks are still limited by the underlying algorithm. i mean, with RSA public security encryptions using 100 digit prime numbers now, they'll simply bump up to 1,000,000 digit primes and nothing will change: everything will scale accordingly to match the power. with the added processing power, we might be able to create some cool interactive computer characters, but likely none with humanesque learning characteristics (basically the VI vs AI distinction we see in Mass Effect). i mean, for the traveling salesman problem in complexity theory, even if processing power increases by a million percent, we've only improved our brute forcing by about 5% because the problem's difficulty grows factorially. but the ALGORITHMS, if we can prove those, that could have potentially limitless improvements for various optimizations and AI might be able to take a huge leap forward

after spending 25 minutes on the good ol porcelain think tank, i open the door to see my brother standing there arms crossed grinning: "Sean, I will never be able to shit at the level you do." Smiling and embarassed, I exit and he enters the bathroom and shuts the door. after about 10 seconds i hear nick sing "A, B, C, D, E, F, G..."

Re: archive

perisie xx
 anderoo   Canada. January 17 2009 05:05. Posts 529 PM Profile Blog Quote
Crazy coincidence!
Last night my sister got broadsided and one of my friends wrapped his mum's taurus around a fire hydrant around the corner from our houses

Watch for black ice people

Re: archive

perisie xx
GeneralStan   Tadjikistan. February 01 2009 07:55. Posts 2141 PM Profile Blog Quote
I choke up when i read this sort of news. Its so saddening, it's stifling. I'm so sad, I'm having trouble breathing

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=87048

Re: archive

I didn't delete any threads; if it's moved it's for a reason FYI.

Wish I could go on TL and tell everyone how stupid their replies are.  People need to know.  I can educate them.  Oh well.

Re: archive

Nothing has been deleted.  Perhaps you are unaware of the proper view of the forums:  http://n2.nabble.com/Talk-To-Stimey%2C-Please.-f1324083.html  As you can see, there are three categories like we talked about.  You seem to only read and reply to one of them, so I assume you aren't aware of the others despite my mentioning them.

Go to http://n2.nabble.com/Talk-To-Stimey%2C-Please.-f1324083.html and please use all three forums.  They are made so we communicate more efficiently.

Re: archive

percy
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/02/18/exclusive-grandad-arrested-for-writing-protest-slogan-in-snow-86908-21132155/

"We were charged with breach of the peace but I'm not sure why.

"I've now received a letter from the procurator fiscal saying the charges have been dropped. I should think so as well. This was ridiculous."

Police insisted they were right to take action.

Re: archive

percy
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/20/national/main4816266.shtml?source=RSSattr=U.S._4816266

police in Greenburg, Pa., said three girls ages 14 to 15 allegedly sent nude or semi-nude cell phone pictures of themselves to three male classmates. All six face charges of manufacturing, disseminating or possessing child pornography.

Roughly 20 percent of teens admit to participating in sexting, according to a nationwide survey by the National Campaign to Support Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.

"This is a serious felony. They could be facing many years in prison," CBS News legal analyst Lisa Bloom said of the six Pennsylvania teenagers.

But, Bloom added, "What are we going to do, lock up 20 percent of America's teens?"

Re: archive

percy
wow for the first time ever i found something written by the Onion that actually made me chuckle
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46453

Re: archive

What do you think of threads like this:  http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73217

I myself have a hard time figuring out what to respond to in forums that big.  Perhaps creating new threads of my own would work well in such an environment though.  Speaking of this, how's your search for new forums going?  Any leads?