dui

percy
eh i got caught dui after the staff party , spent 12 hours in jail ... will lose license for 9-12 months (minimum) and a fine i can't pay. fuck this shit. will reply to you later but its already too late , work all day tomorrow -.- oh, jail was actually cool, i always wanted to experience it

Re: dui

percy
oh the worst thing (worse than not being able to drive LOL) is theyll print it in the fucking newspaper and EVERYONE will know, family members will disown me, working in nursing home everyone will hear about it, and EVERYONE knows who i fucking am already coz my dads a doctor and is also in the paper/magazines every fucking week for various things

Re: dui

That sucks you know.  I don't know about there, but in the U.S. they (MAD, etc.) really have been successful in demonizing DUI--but I still think almost everybody does it, constantly, and less than 1% get caught, so it really sucks for them.  In my opinion the police pick out certain kinds of DUI, but other kinds will never get an arrest.  It's a bit like being hit by lightning--maybe worse though, if the consequences are as you describe.

Of course also in the U.S. is the idea that alcoholism is a disease and "you need help" and if you "get help" then you will be forgiven for your "wild times" or w/e.  So at least in the U.S. you wouldn't permanently be a bastard, just someone who "needs help"--however false it really is.

Re: dui

percy
i dunno about "picking out certain kinds"

if you're stopped then that's it you're insta fucked
if you're not stopped then you aren't

did you know a group of people in my county were campaining to reduce ALL the road speed limits to 40mph max. it's fucking rediculous man i feel like a constant tool subjecting myself to this worthless british life

no wonder our "next gen" culture is of complete spastic townies - its just a total rebellion against the "last gen" culture of complete spastic oldies

Re: dui

percy
lol wut

i went out last night

instead of driving home (obviously) i slept in my car with the heater on so i didn't die (wud die otherwise)

5am woken up by police, handcuffed, charged with "being in control of a vehicle whilst under the influence"

since it happened within 7 days of the previous charge, i was to remain in custody until a court hearing

fortunately they slotted me into the afternoon, merged the cases somewhat

i pleaded guilty to DUI, passing a red light, and not having MOT (yearly checkup that ur car is working ok)

i am now banned from driving for 20 (TWENTY) months, reduceable to 15 if i pay something rediculous like £160 and take an alcoholism course. this is completely standard sentencing, it could have been worse however if i had a) previous convictions b) didn't have an awesome character, worked in a nursing home. then again, i actually feel like they might have given me a LIGHTER sentence if i wasn't so cool, because they would have pitied me.

i also have to pay £250

in 2 months i return to court to be awarded a NOT GUILTY verdict for the 2nd charge (today's) with the defense that i did not intend to drive the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol (and obviously wasnt going to COZ I WAS FUCKING ASLEEP YOU ASSHOLES GOD.)

two big shiny fingers to the MORON BITCH who "heard the radio in my car, came to inspect and thought the person inside was DEAD" (NOT ASLEEP, DEAD? WTF? LYING BITCH). she then "PHONED THE MOTHERFUCKING POLICE. NOT THE FUCKING AMBULANCE. WTF." obviously she is lying, pretending that she was "concerned" when really she is a complete asshole retard bitch.

hey theres someone asleep in his car. musta had a night out. I KNOW ILL GET HIM ARRESTED KLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL.....

anyway i dont get paid for 4 days so ive had to borrow £10 from someone just so i can afford the motherfucking bus to get to work and back (missed a shift at work because of this bullshit - way to piss off a WHOLE lotta people, bitch).

summary:

a) completely broke (bank at -1500). hopefully get around 700 in a few days.

b) need to get bus pass (100 or so?)

c) car is stuck in private carpark 30 miles away, will probably have £70 fine for that aswell. need to find someone to help me get it moved (probably sister since i have no friends). i went back and asked the police WTF im menna do and they are like LOL I DUNO GET UR SISTER TO MOVE IT LOL.

d) i dont THINK there was journalists around during my shit. this is positive - i might not get a fucking quarter-page article about me on friday (or some friday to come).

the newspaper here prints quarter-page articles on practically anything, with every little detail they can get if they think its entertaining. being the son of a guy who is in the newspaper every week, i think they might see me as sellable news. or they might just print a 2-liner saying smt like "[NAME] was convicted of [CRIME], with a reading of 82 which is more than twice the legal limit, punished with 20 month ban." . this is possibly likely? who knows.

the solicitor said in his experience if you approach them and ask them not to print it, it encourages them to print it. fucking douche fucking asshole pieces of shit.

wait wasnt i doing a summary?

e) £250 fines i will have to pay slowly (WTF i work for 5.95/hour and you still give me such a massive fucking fine???????? seriously god)

f) 16 hrs in a fucking cell for sleeping in ur motherfucking car...wow... and im guessing it could have been longer, like 3 days in jail, if the timing was wrong. JAIL SUCKS ITS LIKE A GYM ACCEPT U CANT GET UR OWN FUCKING WATER AND EVERYTIME U HEAR SOMEONE WALK NEARBY U THINKING THEY GONNA COME TALK TO YOU OR LET U OUT BUT THEY DONT

eh

Re: dui

That's horrible.  You know even though there are some seriously strange things about China, it seems to me like violent crime and being screwed with like that are just not ever going to happen.  You can walk the streets alone at any time of night and it feels way safer than in the U.S.

Not sure how this is related, except to say, your situation sounds shitty, and I can see it happening to anyone in the U.S.  But never here in China.  They leave you the fuck alone for stupid shit like that.  If there was a fine it wouldn't be more than $100 and a signed apology.

There are people sleeping down in the park all the time.  They are totally safe and no one is going to do shit to them.  Sleeping in cars is pretty typical too.  Hell, if you have a car here, you're a fucking baller--nobody is gonna mess with you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of things westerners would be angry about and wish they knew in advance if they came here as a result of the impression I'm giving above.  There's more to be told.  But my experience is that, the U.S. and similar countries aren't nearly as civilized and nice as they think in every way.  Some ways yes, and some ways, utterly embarrassing.  It's a shame when having no policy and no execution outperforms the expensive big brother approach of the west when it comes to issues like alcohol laws.

Ah well this is probably the last thing you want to think about.  It seems like everyone I know online is having a rough time--debt, no friends, or w/e.  If you can buy yourself an anyone-could-do-it degree like myself though, and your native tongue is English, you can hide in China for as long as you want, eating whatever you want, buying anything you need...

It seems like all my friends having a bad time unfortunately don't have a "4 year degree" so the option isn't open to them.  This is utterly ridiculous in my opinion.  There's nothing I have that they don't--is there?  Except parents who could support me through a little schooling beyond secondary.

Then again, this may be the only job I can get, really.  It feels like in the U.S., they've wisened up to the fact that everybody goes to college now--it's simply a matter of time and money.  I found that after getting my degree it was harder to get a shitty no-pay job--yet there was nothing else available for me either.

Businesses just know that they can make people work for nothing.  You hardly need any salaried people--benefits, etc. is just not worth it.  There's no way everybody can have that deal.  The money only goes upward.  "Middle" managers and grunts is what 99.99% of us will be.  Even if we all had the training to perform excellent research there simply aren't going to be enough positions to go around, so this American dream of everyone getting educated so they can be salaried and benefitted is just utter nonsense.

Re: dui

Garret34
Usually the fines are so heavy for average person that it completely destroys your financial health. I worked as system admin with a DUI attorney Los Angeles couple of years ago and have seen many cases where DUI completely destroyed lives.

Re: dui

It pisses me off. So much injustice involved in the results of any interaction with the "justice system."