"binaural beats"

perisie xx
before clicking this link ,

a) arrange your speakers or headphones so that they are loud and all encompassing. your speakers should be aligned in such a way that the sound from the right speaker hits mostly/only your right ear, and the sound from the left speaker hits mostly/only your left ear.

b) i dont know how important this is since my speakers worked better than my headphones, altho they arent eh best headphones and they are the best speakers, plus my 28'' monitor provides a barrier

c) my friend told me to play one of these, i clicked the second track and less than 5 seconds later had to turn it off because it "freaked me out".

d) i instantly recognised some relationship with DXM and proceded to tell my friend this "binaural beats" was most likely a way to fuck with our heads , produce some unusual sensation, then market itself as an product to a specific (vulnerable?) audience.

e) amusingly, i went to the FAQ part of the website after telling my friend it made me feel like DXM, and saw the following:

Binaural beats can be used to change the predominant brain wave frequency in a process called brain wave entrainment. It has been said that by changing the predominant brain wave frequency of the brain one may feel any number of effects including:

Change in consciousness
Detached Awareness
(Increased intuitive knowledge)
(Increased energy flow)

at first he (friend who linked me) was dismissive towards my thoughts, not belieiving i could hear what he could hear since he has $200 headphones and i was using speakers , and how i abruptly "explained" the whole thing as a marketed mindfuck, but he understands now i think.

Re: "binaural beats"

perisie xx
oh noz he forgetd da link

http://www.healingbeats.com/play.html

Re: "binaural beats"

I've seen this before.

On a related note, I think one of the psychedelic effects of trippy drugs is something akin to gullibility, but in a good way.  On acid you can be very gullible, but I think that's akin to the positive thing that is going on.  It is not only naive to believe new things so easily, but to hold on to beliefs so tightly, that we are no longer really seeing with our eyes.  Anyways, the cynical take on something as trippy as these "brainwave" manipulations, made me think of this.