update on TL's closed-mind'edness

They now have a thread for asking why a topic was closed.  Your thoughts on this?  http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86434

Also, stimey contributed to the "draw your way across" thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=105310

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
I take every ban as a learning experience...

On how to piss off the TL community more.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

That's a very healthy attitude.  I think you should up the ante and try to get a couple hundred posts before getting banned.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
Great idea Stimey.

Maybe we could even share an account so it can get posts twice as fast?

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

That's not a bad idea in theory, but I don't think I can afford that kind of level of activity right now--I don't even want to bother getting a good IP for such a job.  I also don't think our goals are the same.  While my communication is often indirect, my goals have always been to improve TL.  Ideally you would have a dedicated proxy and have several people use it.

I will tell you how I routinely used TL though in case it helps you be more active.  What I would do is shift or ctrl open each thread I'm interested in, then just go to each one, look around, post if possible, then close it, move to next.  Basically I would find every thread I was interested at all in and do my best to contribute.  Maybe this method will help you.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
Ah, thanks again, my good friend.   I will certainly use your suggestion to lower my throughput time between posts because that seems to be the primary bottleneck in my trolling operation right now.

As for your other recommendation, where would I look for other people for the purposes I outlined?  I doubt it would be of much avail to go around asking my real life friends to help me with an internet trolling operation.  I was thinking about getting a nerdy girl to fall in love with me but that carries the additional problem of emotional baggage.  Yeah, how can I go about finding allies to help me increase my post count?  Where do I look?

Thanks again,

Tdotkrayz

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

You have a real point there.  Finding allies can be tricky.  It seems like you haven't made a very good name for yourself on TL, so my recommendation would be to form a solid identity on your own.  I suspect that any allies you found right now would probably get you banned even faster (i.e. people you could pick up from bnet, tl's irc, gg.net, youtube tl haters etc.).  It's a lonely art because you're not going to find competent help, really, especially in such a specialized niche--most willing trolls out there won't really care enough about TL.

Sorry for the bad news, but this is how I see it.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
Bad news is better than no news which is better than false news.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

Let me know if you have other ideas on allies.  Don't let me discourage you; I just don't have solid answers on this so I'm not confident in this area.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
I was thinking about asking the beast itself:  4chan

But it's hard to use that which one cannot control.

Any thoughts on how that could be leveraged?

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

If you set up a software solution that made it easy for 4channers to anonymously post to the same account (probably via the same proxy or w/e), it would be popular but probably get banned really quickly.  If you only allowed certain ip's to access it, ones you trusted, it could be more popular.  But you can't do this with 4chan.

Alternately you could make a kind of guerrilla network that automatically makes new accounts on random proxies (the hard part) shared by a small cluster of random people.  Then you could let 4chan use said tool by linking them to the site that shows them TL and lets them post anonymously-ish.  You could even make people able to view other attempted posts in their cluster and vote to veto them or w/e.   You could effectively have every proxy you can get your hands on posting pretty quickly on shared accounts.  You could pick the user names they use as well.

This is all I can think of for using 4chan users.

Re: update on TL's closed-mind'edness

tdotkrayz
Hmm, that sounds more like an all out attack than a subtle trolling operation.

All out attacks are nice too.